Listening to the word ‘ Road Trip ‘ gives me a spark of excitement. we all crave for a road trip, quitting our daily routine. Often, we are only planning and never making it a possibility. Down below is a list of 19 incredible road trips that you can take in India.
1.) Manali to Leh – The Delhi -Manali-leh road trip is every traveler’s love. It is one of the best road trips in India and an absolutely thrilling journey to endeavor. Though there are some rough and tricky patches on your way to Leh from Manali but the beauty along the way makes you motivated to get there. It is at a distance of about 1,020kms.You get good food and accommodation all along the way.
2) Mumbai to Goa – This amazing road trip can be enjoyed with Pune – Kolhapur route as it is safer and smother for the ones traveling by car but in case you are planning a bike ride then the Chiplun Ratnagiri route is recommended. The best time would be from December to January. It is approximately at a distance of 590km (via Chiplun Ratnagiri Konkan route).
3) Jaipur to Ranthambore – This road trip is an experience of royal land and the Royal beast. A very popular road trip destination. The best time to visit is from between October and June as the park remains closed for the other months. It is about at a distance of 258 Kms.
4.) Guwahati to Tawang – A land of monks, mountains and morning chants. Amazing and mesmerizing views of snow-capped mountains and the best time to plan the trip is between March and October. Driving up the hilly and windy terrain needs expert skills. It is about at a distance of 565kms.There are food courts and tea stalls all along the way. Hotels are available at Tezpur
5.) Ahmedabad to the Rann of Kutch – The stunning white sands, the barren desert for miles. vibrant local handicrafts and art forms. A must visit us the wild Ass sanctuary and the nearby Hodko village. Plan your excursion between October and March and if possible during the full moon ,the beauty is triple times more visible.
6)The Golden Triangle (Delhi/Agra/Jaipur)
This is the most travelled sector and on top preferences for road trip in India. The roads are amazing. Both Agra and Jaipur are culturally and historically rich cities. The Taj Mahal in Agra and other monuments in Jaipur are worth visiting. There are good hotels and restaurants all along the NH 93 and NH 8.
7) Jaipur to Jaisalmer – The distance is about 555 km. The Pink city to golden City, the journey is captivating. NH 15 is well maintained and has good facilities. Take a break at Jodhpur and also visit the Kumbhalgarh wildlife sanctuary in the way Don’t make the mistake of going on this road trip during the summers. It is unbearably hot.
8) Dehradun to Nainital – This road trip is mostly enjoyable during the summer months with hills, valley, streams, the lust green grasslands and lakes all along the journey. The roads are in good conditions. It is a journey of about 280 kms along the NH 74.You can enjoy the cool breeze and the rich flaura and fauna.
Must Read- TOP ADVENTURE DESTINATIONS IN INDIA
9.) Chennai to Pondicherry – It is one of the best road trips in India. The journey is along the NH 32 and the approximate distance is about 158kms.The views are magnificent of the beaches of southern India and stop by to have a coconut or two whenever you feel like. There are good eating joints along the roadside Dhaba’s and shops.
10.) Bangalore to Coorg – I have no words to describe the concrete jungles and the pristine hills. This route for road trip lovers is an absolute delight for nature seekers. The distance to be travelled is approximately 250kms.About Six hours ride by the western Ghats. Coorg is a stunning hill station of southern India.
11.) Darjeeling to Pelling – This road trip will give you the feel of the kingdom of tea gardens. You can stop and sip on some refreshing tea. The best time to take this road trip is between March and June and then between September and December. As the roads get blocked during the winter and rainy seasons. The roads are in great condition and make up for a smooth ride. The distance is about 75Kms and takes about two hours to complete the trip.
12.) Mumbai to Mount Abu – An adventurous and ecstatic journey. The Journey starts from urban glitter and further would take you to calmer, rural villages and then up to the hills. You get to experience three different states and cultures of Maharashtra, Gujarat and Rajasthan. The roads are in good shape. The distance is about 760kms and takes roughly about thirteen hours to reach the place.
13.) Ahmedabad to Daman and Diu – This trip starts from Gujarat’s largest city to its popular union territory. The roads are so well maintained. The trip will take you from industrialization to the clean and sea side town of Daman and Diu. About a 7 Hour journey and has a distance of about 360kms to be covered.
14.) Hyderabad to Kannur – This is a route from the land of Nizam’s to the nature’s best retreat Kannur. The roads are in good conditions except a small patch at virajpet. A Very famous location for Bollywood cinematographers. The distance is a little long about 900 kms and takes around 15 hours but you will surely enjoy the trip along NH 7 offering the best local cuisines of the south.
15.) Delhi to Mussoorie – A short and fun filled road trip to Mussoorie must be enjoyed by many and if not yet don’t wait and just pack up for the adventure. It is at a distance of about 6 hours and 40 minutes from Delhi. You can also plan a day in Haridwar and enjoy the arti at the holy Ganga.
16.) Delhi to Rishikesh – The spiritual capital of India, Rishikesh has a rugged terrain, tricky passage ways but awesome place for adventure activities. It is situated at about a distance of 235 kms from Delhi and is in the state of Uttarakhand. It takes about 6 hours to reach the place by road trip along NH 58.
17.) Srinagar to Leh – Srinagar and Leh are perhaps two of the best places for a road trip in India. First you can enjoy the route from Delhi to Srinagar and then to Leh via Zoli la pass. Unlike the other roads you won’t be passing through the bushes or the jungles. Instead, the road between the two stops is all about mesmerizing hills, majestic mountains and the picturesque valley of Frass. You can also pass the Kargil on the way. The track is on NH 1D and distance from Srinagar to Leh is about 418 kms, which is covered in about 10 hours.
18) Gangtok to Lake Tsomgo and Nathu – la Pass – Travel to Gangtok by Air from Delhi and then take the road trip to the pristine lake Tsomgo and the magical Nathu la pass. This road trip is worth spending every penny. It is at a short distance of 54kms to be easily covered in 2 hours.
19) Bangalore to Pondicherry – Pondicherry is a destination like no other. It has its French colonial vibe to the town; the yellow walls and paints Distance between Bangalore and Pondicherry is about 315 kms which would take approximately 6 hours 30mins to reach the destination. The beaches are awesome. Thick greenery and pleasant weather.
Also Read- Best Time To Visit Leh Ladakh-Weather, Seasons And Climate
So, what are you waiting for, choose your favorite road trip destinations and get started? The list is long. I have tried to give you all the necessary information so that you can now organize your own itenany. Be brave, be adventurous and enjoy the good vibes of India and its many road trip destinations.
If You Like This Blog Then Follow on Instagram Mvtsindia
and Like My Fb Pages MvtsIndia